Mangwee Payments is a safe and secure electronic wallet service, available in many parts of Zambia through a network of outlets and agents. We enable our users store, send and receive money using their computers or mobile phone anytime and anywhere. Mangwee is approved by the Central Bank of Zambia and is the cheapest way to send money. We are committed to equality of employment opportunities and promote diversity. All applications for positions advertised will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.
Mangwee Payments is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Company’s strategic vision, in the Internal Audit Department to be based at Head Office:-
JOB TITLE: INTERNAL AUDITOR
To provide an independent and objective review, and ensure that Mangwee’s Risk Management, Governance and Control processes are operating effectively. Monitor and evaluate how well risks are being managed, how business operations are running and if internal processes are working.
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the following are among the Key Job Responsibilities: –
- Audit all internal processes and operations
- Attending meetings with auditees to develop an understanding of business processes
- Travelling to different sites to meet relevant staff and obtain documents and information
- Researching and assessing how well risk management processes are working and recording the results using software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Providing ad hoc advice and guidance to management and staff at all levels and delivering courses and training sessions
- Performing risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what should be covered in audits
- Anticipating emerging issues through research and interviews and deciding how best to deal with them
- Providing support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities
- Agreeing recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations and helping to secure backing for them in meetings
- Preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people
- Assessing how well the business is complying to rules and regulations and informing management of any issues that need addressing
- Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
- External: Central Bank of Zambia, Commercial Banks, Other Payment Systems
- Internal: All Departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- BSc Degree in Accounting or Finance, ZICA Licentiate, ACCA Level II or its equivalent
- Membership with the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants a MUST
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office, accounting software, and databases.
- Ability to consistently and accurately manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed, clear reports.
- Proven working knowledge of all applicable auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and industry regulations.
- High degree of aptitude regarding attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Leadership skills and make sound independent judgements.
- Excellent Time Management skills
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae, with at least three traceable references indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to email@example.com no later than Saturday, 31st March, 2018.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of qualifications along with the application/ cover letter and curriculum vitae.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO